Welcome to our blog! Today we've got a delicious, nutritious and vibrant recipe that you'll love. It's a mandarin warm noodle salad with tempeh and kimchi. This is a vegan recipe that's packed full of flavour and texture. The combination of the crisp and crunchy kimchi, the nutty tempeh, and the sweet mandarin creates a truly unique dish - it's sure to please. Let's get started!
For the tempeh marinade:
200 g soy tempeh, cubed
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c water
1 tbsp miso paste
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chilli powder
For the dressing:
juice of 1 blood orange
juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp pepper
For the salad:
1/2 small purple cabbage, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, thinly sliced or spiralized
10 snap peas, thinly sliced or 1/2 c of green peas
4 spring onions, sliced
4 mandarins, peeled and separated
6 tbsp of kiwi kimchi
1 package of brown rice noodles, cooked to instructions
drizzle of toasted sesame oil
1. Mix the marinade ingredients in a tuperware. Add the tempeh, close the tuperware and move it gently until all the tempeh is covered in the marinade. Set aside for 20 minutes to 24h in the fridge.
2. Mix the dressing ingredients and set aside.
3. Cook the tempeh in a hot pan. If it sticks, you can add a bit of the remaining marinade.
4. Cook the noodles in boiling water. Strain and rinse with cold water. Return to the pot and add a drizzle of sesame oil and the kimchi. Set aside.
5. To serve, add some purple cabbage first, then the noodles, carrots, snap peas, spring onions, mandarin slices, and the tempeh. Garnish with the dressing.
For this recipe, we used: